Friday, November 12, 2010

Walk the Walk

So yesterday at my interview I mentioned Walk the Walk and my involvement with Fashion Design/Hurley. One of the girls (it was done as a group interview) came up to me after and was asking a few questions about it. Particularly,

"How did they make that blue shirt with like the turquoise beading?"

Yeeee, that was MY shirt! The one I wore & designed from scratch!


Needless to say, I was pretty darn excited. For those of you who don't know what Walk the Walk is...

"Hurley’s Walk the Walk, a high school fashion competition that’s best described as “Friday Night Football” meets “the Runway." 
This past year my high school competed with other schools across the nation for 5 spots on the runway at the U.S. Open of Surfing. We had preliminary rounds, which included voting rounds and commercials we produced, along with creating a visual display at a local surf shop.


The final 5 schools to compete at the US OPEN were: Virgina Beach (Virgina), Pearl City (Hawaii), Toms River East (Jersey Shore), Lincoln (San Diego), and of course HUNTINGTON BEACH,  with the added in Wild Card, Corona Del Mar.

My entire summer was spent redesigning merchandise from Hurley's fall line. We recreated every piece-- sewing, dying and painting, to reflect our own beach style. The 100 something pieces given to us culminated in an end result of about 30 different ensembles. 



We then went into HOURS and HOURS of rehearsal to get own performance down. Not only is Walk the Walk a fashion show where one gets to show of their own style & flair, but an actual PERFORMANCE with dancing/flips.. anything that catches the eye.

(I'm the 2nd one from the left, back when i was BLOONNDEEE)

 
Friday, August 6th-- the day of the actual Competition was INSANE. Getting down to the beach around 9, setting up backstage, getting hair & make-up done by Paul Mitchell and then the anticipation/anxiety back stage!
 








Oh, and did I mention that LAUREN CONRAD and ANNALYNNE MCCORD were 2 of the judges?!

My buddy, Nolan, got stopped by Lauren afterward wanting a picture with the boy who had "LC, MARRY ME?" on his back. Yeahhh, I'm the one that wrote it on him, hehe.



1 comment:

Ryan Duran said...

Hi thanks for posting tthis