Sunday, March 06, 2011

Waiting For the Sun

I am DYING to get my hands on a pair of these sunglasses!






Waiting For the Sun, a fairly new French design company, is resigning sunglasses completely. Appearing in shops/online stores just last summer, they launched their hand crafted, eco-friendly, unique and ultra hip designs. I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't stumbled upon the brand sooner! The sunglasses are individually carved from Teawood, and are packaged with a cute matching scarf.





My sunglasses always tend to break, (I guess I shouldn't expect much out of the $30 street corner shades) and I've been meaning to buy a really nice pair of RayBans, but after seeing these, that ship has sailed. Partly because everyone, and I'm not kidding when I say EVERYONE, in LA/Southern California is rocking some sort wayfarers, that it's a bit overkill. But these bad boys are breathtaking, and I definitely have not seen them on the streets yet.




WFTS recently collaborated with Dutch artist, Parra, and his brand Rockwell for their limited edition S/S '11 Collection. And I don't blame them for being sold out almost everywhere! What they produced is something magical-- MULTI-COLORED BAMBOO SUNGLASSES. Ah, I get butterflies just thinking about them.. :)









I've got a feeling that these are going to be BIG.


AVAILABLE AT Moustache

6 comments:

SABINNA and DAVID said...

u are right, they are totally awesome!! all of them!

xx, Sabinna and David

broken-cookies.blogspot.com

Izzy said...

Oh my goodness the glasses are beyond AMAZING. Lovely blog. Hope you visit back :)
www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

THE DIVINITUS said...

i like that "wooden" frame.

Sid said...

those are the cutest sunglasses ever

xx
http://dropping-daisies.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

I think you're right! these are awesome!!

workboy53 said...



Another particularly popular style of Mirror Sunglasses is called the Wraparound. This style of sunglasses consists of either one or two smooth, semi-circular lenses that cover the eyes and resemble the shape of protective goggles.

sunglasses
marketing sunglasses
Crystal Custom
Promotional Sunglasses
Story Miami
Logolenses