Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Awake My Soul

Several months ago my mom surprised me with tickets to Mumford & Sons. Best concert I've been to by far! Their energy on stage is so uplifting and their lyrics flood my soul.. my ears were ringing for days after, but the good kind of ringing.
Anywho, if you haven't heard of Mumford & Sons, which I'm sure most have by now, (a lot of the alternative/rock stations are playing "Little Lion Man") CHECK THEM OUT!




Inspiration for the day is their indie/folk/vintage style roots.. When listening to them it reminds me of the summers I would spend at the lake in Wisconsin and the winters in New Mexico. 











 With lyrics such as

"Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be.
There is a design,"
Sigh No More

"In these bodies we will live,
in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love,
you invest your life"
Awake My Soul

"But tell me now, where was my fault
In loving you with my whole heart...
You desired my attention
but denied my affections"
White Blank Page

How can one not fall in love with M&S? The lyrics consume me and their melody is constantly playing through my head. With their indie folk tunes and vintage/peacoat/autumn lovin' style, they're hard to resist.

No comments: